Sit back, relax and get ready to read! We have a LOT of information in this post.
Please read through everything so you don't miss out
Recital Dress Rehearsal - Studio classes only
~ Friday May 21st
~ Dress Rehearsal will be held at the studio NOT at the high school
~ Rehearsal Schedule:
Tuesday Pre-K 3-3:20pm
Wed Pre-K 3:20-3:40pm
Toddler Time 3:40-4:00pm
1st Grade 4:20-4:40pm
2nd Grade 4:40-5:00pm
3rd Grade 5:00-5:20pm
4/5 Grade 5:20-5:40pm
~ Saturday May 22nd at Clearfield High School Auditorium
~ Studio Times:
Dancers arrive at 2:00 pm in costume with hair/make up ready
Program begins at 2:30 pm
~ Competition Team Times:
Dancers arrive at 4pm in costume with hair/make up ready
Program begins at 4:30 pm
~ Solo Routines - You will be contacted separately with times
IMPORTANT RECITAL INFORMATION!
All Recital fees MUST be paid in order for dancers to receive tickets/wristbands
~ Each dancer will receive 5 tickets (Studio dancers at Rehearsal, Comp teams in your classes)
~ We were approved to offer some additional tickets. They will be available for $6 each until sold out. We will sell them during Studio Rehearsal and in the office (email or call).
~ WE WILL NOT SELL TICKETS AT RECITAL! The school district will not allow us to hand out tickets or programs at the event. Please make sure to get your tickets BEFORE recital!
~ We no longer need names for contact tracing, per the school.
Everyone must wear a mask and seating needs to be spaced between immediate families
SUMMER BREAK!!! After recital, all regular classes are done for summer break!
Classes will start up again in the Fall. ENJOY!!
COMPETITION TEAM INFO - Prep week, try-outs and intensives
Prep Week -
Monday, May 24th- Parent Meeting 6:00 - 7:00 PM
This will be held in studio 2 and is for parents only! We will be discussing some plans for next year, team commitment expectations, and answer any questions you may have going into next season. We are asking that at least one parent attend.
Prep classes. Attendance isn't required but it's strongly recommended.
Please attend based on the grade your dancer will be entering this Fall.
Tuesday, May 25th
1st and 2nd Grade 4:00 - 5:30 PM
7th Grade and Up 5:30 - 8:00 PM
Wednesday, May 26th
Pre - K and Kindergarten - 4:00 - 5:30 PM
3rd and 4th Grade 5:30 - 7:30 PM
Thursday, May 27th
5th and 6th Grade - 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
*All ELITES - 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
*Any dancer interested in trying out for Elites will attend the 6:00 - 8:30 PM class. This includes all age groups 3rd grade and older.
Try-Out Dates and Times
1. Dancers wanting to tryout need to:
1) contact the office to get on the list.
2) Pay a $30 tryout fee per dancer and $30 yearly registration fee ($40 per family).
3) Indicate whether or not you are interested in the additional elite tryout for your dancer.
2. Tryout Schedule: (Please attend the time slot for the grade you will be attending in the Fall.) Tryout dance combo will be taught and performed during the following times for judging:
June 7th -
7th Grades and up 1:00-3:00pm
5th & 6th Grades 4:00-6:00pm
5th Grades and up Elite tryouts *7:00-8:30pm
*Dancers interested in Elite Teams will attend this time IN ADDITION to the previous tryout time for their school grade group.
3rd & 4th Grades 12:30-2:30pm *Elite tryout from 2:30-3:00pm
1st & 2nd Grades 4:00-5:30pm
Pre-k & Kinder 6:00-7:00pm
3. Dancers will need to check in 20 minutes early to get their number and stretch.
4. There is always potential for judges to move dancers around to teams other than the age group your dancer auditioned. The judges will place dancers in the best place for the dancer to grow. Repeating another year on the same team does not mean a dancer will not grow in skill and dancing. Please know that repeat years are completely normal and beneficial, and also gives dancers opportunity to grow develop new friendships with other dancers year to year. Sometimes friends will be put on different teams. While we know this can be hard for some, we have seen it actually helps girls with their development and focus. We ask that you trust us in this process, and know we have your daughter's best interest at heart.
5. Dancers can wear what they would like to wear for tryouts. Please make sure there is no loose clothing so that judges can see the dancer's lines and technique. Hair must be pulled back away from face tightly.
6. **Please note, ALL ACCOUNTS MUST BE PAID IN FULL BY END OF CURRENT SEASON TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR TRYOUTS!!!! NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
Competition Team Intensives
Intensives are a required 2 day intensive training, where the dancers will come strengthen and condition for the new season. They will get to know their new team and have many team building exercises. This is an excellent opportunity for these girls to get excited for the new year with their teachers and fellow teammates.
Below is the team schedule and cost for intensives. Once your dancer finds out which team they make from try-outs, you can follow this schedule.
Tinys, Mini Company and Mini Troupe - $75
June 21st & 22nd 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
Petite Company, Petite Troupe and Petite Elite - $105
June 17th & 18th 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Senior Company and Senior Troupe/ Junior Company and Junior Troupe - $105
June 14th & 15th 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Teen Elite, Senior Elite and Junior Elite - $105
June 24th & 25th 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
June 26th - Attendance required at Heritage Days Parade and Stage Show